COPAG Analysis: Large Mission Studies, Decadal Survey 2020
Final Reports on Large Astrophysics Mission Concepts to Study for the 2020 Decadal Survey
Thank you for your numerous and helpful comments. Please join our author list by sending an email to COPAG_Contact@bigbang.gsfc.nasa.gov
- COPAG Call for White Papers: Large Astrophysics Missions to Be Studied by NASA Prior to the 2020 Decadal Survey [PDF]
- COPAG meetings at AAS in Kissammee, FL, Monday January 4, 2016, including SIG meetings
- August 3-14, at IAU, COR Table, NASA Booth (312), Exhibit Hall. COPAG EC members seeking your input.
- August 7, 1-4 P.M. (7-10 P.M. EDT), Joint PAG Meeting at IAU, Room 323. [Agenda]
- Joint PAG EC meeting, STSci, March 19, 2015, 9:00 A.M.–4:00 P.M.
- Far IR Surveyor Workshop, Pasadena, CA, June 3–5, 2015
- ExoPAG Meeting, Chicago, IL, June 13–14, 2015
- UV/Vis SIG Meeting, June 25–26, 2015, Greenbelt, MD
- Report on Flagship Studies [PDF]
- PhysPAG Community Meeting at HEAD meeting, Chicago, IL, June 29–July 1, 2015
- Thursday, August 20, 2015, 01:00 - 03:00 EDT
- Tuesday, March 10, 2015, 03:00 - 04:00 EDT
- COPAG Virtual Town Hall
Presentations to PhysPAG
- Far-IR Surveyor Concept [PDF]
- X-ray Surveyor: Science drivers and strawman mission design [PDF]
- Large UV/Optical/IR Telescope Surveyor [PDF]
- HabEx: Notional Mission Properties and Science Applications [PDF]
White Paper Responses from the Community
- COPAG Merged White Papers, May 18, 2015 [PDF]
- 2012 Request for Information (RFI2012) - Responses
- Science Cases for Ultraviolet Polarimetry in the 21st Century [PDF] - B-G. Anderson
- Mapping Turbulent Energy Dissipation through Shocked Molecular Hydrogen in the Universe [PDF] - P. Appleton
- Are Flagships the Best Way to Advance Astrophysics? [PDF] - D. Ardila
- Cubesats for Astrophysics [PDF] - D. Ardila
- The Dusty Co-evolution of Black Holes and Galaxies: A Science Case for a Large Far-IR Space Telescope [PDF] - L. Armus
- Actuated Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer Mirror Development [PDF] - B. Baldauf et al.
- Astrophysics Enabled by Extreme Contrast Ratio Technologies [PDF] - D. Batcheldor
- A FIR-Survey of TNOs and Related Bodies [PDF] - J. Bauer et al.
- Unlocking the Secrets of Planet Formation with Hydrogen Deuteride [PDF] - E. Bergin
- Cryogenic Telescope for Far-Infrared Astrophysics: A Vision for NASA in the 2020 Decade [PDF] - C. Bradford et al.
- Imaging Polarimetry for ExoPlanet science & astrophysics [PDF] - J. Breckinridge
- Dust in Distant Galaxies - Overcoming Confusion Noise with a 5m FIR Facility [PDF] - C. Casey et al.
- Far-Infrared Spectral Line Studies of the Epoch of Reionization [PDF] - A. Cooray et al.
- A Joint Exoplanet & UVOIR Surveyor [PDF] - J. Dalcanton
- The earliest epoch of star-formation in the very young universe [PDF] - D. Ebbets
- Characterizing the Habitable Zones of Exoplanetary Systems with a Large Ultraviolet/Visible/Near-IR Space Observatory [PDF] - K. France et al.
- The bulk composition of exo-planets [PDF] - Boris Gänsicke et al.
- Flagship Missions for the Decadal Review [PDF] - J. Green
- Life Finder Telescope [PDF] - S. Heap
- Galaxy Evolution Spectroscopic Surveyor (GESS) [PDF] - S. Heap
- Precision Ages for Milky Way Star Clusters [PDF] - J. Kalirai
- Interferometry Concept for the Far-Infrared Surveyor [PDF] - D. Leisawitz et al.
- Importance of Design Reference Missions for Developing the Next Large Mission Concepts [PDF] - P. Lightsey and E. Wilkinson
- An Evolvable Space Telescope for the Far Infrared Surveyor Mission [PDF] - C. Lillie et al.
- Exoplanet Environment Monitor [PDF] - J. Linsky et al.
- Definitive Determination of Galaxy Luminosity Functions at Energies Above the Hydrogen Ionization Edge, Covering 11 Billion Years of Evolution [PDF] - S. McCandliss
- Probing Transient Structures in the Universe [PDF] - P. Natarajan
- An Evolvable Space Telescope for Future UV/Opt/IR Astronomical Missions [PDF] - R. Polidan et al.
- A Rotating Synthetic Aperture (RSA) Space Telescope for Future UV/Opt/IR Astronomical Missions [PDF] - R. Polidan et al.
- UVOIR Surveyor: The need for high resolution, wide field, deep multi-wavelength imaging and IFU spectroscopy [PDF] - R. Rampazzo et al.
- Probe class missions in the far infrared [PDF] - J. Rizzo et al.
- The First Stars and the First Metals [PDF] - I. Roederer et al.
- The Origin of the Elements Heavier than Iron [PDF] - I. Roederer et al.
- HabX2: a 2020 mission concept for flagship science at modest cost [PDF] - M. Swain et al.
- Listening to the Cosmic Dawn [PDF] - I. Thorpe et al.
- A Large-Aperture UVOIR Space Telescope [PDF] - H. Thronson et al.
- Galaxy Fueling and Quenching: A Science Case for Future UV MOS Capability [PDF] - J. Tumlinson and D. Schiminovich
- UV/Optical/IR Surveyor: The Crucial Role of High Spatial Resolution, High Sensitivity UV Observations to Galaxy Evolution Studies [PDF] - B. Williams and J. Dalcanton
Science Division Documents
- TPF-C Levine paper (see science goals, Sec. 2) [PDF]
- The New Worlds Observer [PDF]
- AURA Report: From Cosmic Birth to Living Earths [PDF]
4 May 2017
All members of the COR community are invited to participate as the Cosmic Origins (COR) Program Office begins our annual assessment of technology gaps. » Details [DOCX
20 Mar 2017
Astrophysics Probe mission studies selected (3/20/2017) » [PDF
17 Mar 2017
COR Newsletter for March 2017 now available » [PDF
23 Feb 2017
Self nominations sought for APAC (replaces Astrophysics Subcommittee), due 8 March 2017. » Details
Hubble Space Telescope (HST)
9 Feb 2017
Hubble Witnesses Massive Comet-Like Object Pollute Atmosphere of a White Dwarf » Details
James Webb Space Telescope (JWST)
JWST Recent News » Details
10 Nov 2016
NASA Space Telescopes Pinpoint Elusive Brown Dwarf » Details
Wide-Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST)
WFIRST Newsroom » Details